Monday 14 April 2014

Prototype Programming

Hello everyone, this is Colin, one of the programmers on Red Sun. So far in the project I have worked on the foundation work of the prototype, by which I mean the movement of the character as well as the buttons, switches, and the various objects they affect. My main focus when creating these objects was to make using them as designer-friendly as possible. With that in mind I have also made a few simple tools and editor scripts that should make it a little easier to create and design levels for this game. Creating and refining these kinds of features and scripts will likely be my primary task over the next couple of weeks while we get all of the groundwork done. After that, we'll be moving on to bigger things like enemy AI and level streaming, and In the meantime I'll try to keep this blog updated on how things are going on my side of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment